Making a complaint against the police if you have been trolled

Do you think the police has not given due consideration to your complaint against somebody you told them trolled? If so, you might want to make a complaint to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

You can make a complaint if you have:

  • Experienced inappropriate behaviour from a police officer or member of police staff. For instance, if you felt they were blaming you for being trolled when it was not of your own making.
  • Witnessed in person an incident where a police officer or member of police staff acted inappropriately. For instance if a police officer trolled someone online and did not apologise or make amends.
  • Been adversely affected by the conduct of a police officer or member of police staff, even if it did not take place in relation to you. For example you might have become a victim of a troll because the police did not take action against them at an early stage.
  • You think your local police force’s policy on trolling is not working, and so a ‘direction and control’ order needs to be issued to change it.

If you think the police have let you down in one of the above areas then you can complete the complaints from at the Independent Police Complaints Commission’s website. This will then be referred to your local police force who will decided whether they should investigate it or whether the IPCC should.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *